Tuesday 14 November 2017

New Avengers: A.I.M.: Civil War II Review

Finished reading New Avengers: A.I.M.: Civil War II, bringing an end to the series as writer Al Ewing ties the series into the events of Civil War II while A.I.M. also finds itself separated against multiple organisations. The book opens with S.H.I.E.L.D. agent John Garrett meeting with Maria Hill over what's been happening with him and A.I.M. Meanwhile Earth's superheroes are stopping the Celestial attack in New York when Wiccan gets a call from Roberto Da Costa to ask for help while Garrett begins to plan his next attack on A.I.M. and the Maker, leader of villainous group W.H.I.S.P.E.R. has formed the New Revengers who he plans to use to also attack A.I.M. which he does when Roberto sends a small team to a S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier when Garrett takes Songbird prisoner still believing her to be working with Roberto. Overall this was a great book as it brings an end to the series in a organic way with the events of Civil War II being in the the background only gives the story some context of where characters are while setting up the future of the team. There is an amazing amount of comedy through the book than doesn't effect the more serious and more character driven moments of the book. The book's artwork is great as its able to blend the more character centric moments with the action and visual comedy extremely well. 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment